Copper Holiday Ornaments: Reflecting the Warmth of the Season
This holiday, decorate your home with handcrafted ornaments that celebrate the art of copper.
- Breathing New Life into Reclaimed Metal
- Notes from The National Music Museum
- Copper Ken: The Musings of an Alchemist
- Ritual Beauty: Art of the Ancient Americas
Sculptor J. Seward Johnson, Jr.: Life, Cast in Bronze
J. Seward Johnson, Jr., with his realistic portrayals of the mundane, continues to explore the surreal world between art and life through his renowned bronze works and contributions to the sculpture world.
- The Metal Peddler: Keeping Tradition Alive
- The Little Copper Cookie Cutter That Could
- Rediscovering the Prints of Paul Revere
- Baroque Sculptor Milton Hebald Returns to US for Harmon-Meek Exhibition
Discovering Alexander Calder's Wearable Sculpture Jewelry
Calder Jewelry shows this artist's vividly imaginative approach to form, showcasing the versatility of copper and brass.
- Thing 1, Thing 2, Bronzed Anew: The Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden
- Patience Required: Chasing Copper and Silver
- Rodin Retrospective at the Frist
Artists Give New Life to Recycled Copper
With today's focus on going green, many contemporary copper artists are using recycled copper for its beauty and flexibility.
- Handmade in Tampa: The Copper Jewelry of Tina Gasperson
- Lanterns of Cape Cod: Continuing an Age Old Copper Tradition
- The Great Liberty Bell Dupe
- ISC Sculpture in Public: Part 2, Public Art
Contemporary Furniture Designers Turn to Copper
Contemporary furniture designers are turning to copper, brass and bronze furniture designs to brighten up modern decor.
- Chemistry on Copper: The Works of Cheryl Safren
- Pomegranate Metals: A Family Legacy
- Uncovering the History of Coppertown USA
- Calder's Brass Jewelry on View
Shedding Light on the Legacy of Tiffany
Louis Comfort Tiffany, founder of the Tiffany Studio legacy, relied on copper to make these extraordinary lamps which soon become one of the most coveted collectibles of our time.
- Copper Lantern
- Artist of the Elements: Lavelle Foos
- Brookgreen Gardens: America's First Sculpture Garden
- Tiffany by Design on View at Frist
Copper Art Shines in the Garden
Contemporary copper artisans bring a touch of whimsy and movement to the garden with imaginative and functional copper art.
- Massey Copper: Inspired by the Organic Form
- The Sky's the Limit for Celestial Copper Artist Phil Gauthier
- Copper Jewelry in the Early Americas
- The Five Elements: Group Sculpture Exhibition Opens at Ch'i Contemporary Fine Art
Public Sculpture Series Bronzes Notable TV Icons
From The Fonz to the Bewitching Samantha, this ongoing bronze sculpture series commissions local bronze artists to honor classic television's pop icons.
- Yoshitomo Saito: The Bronze Weaver
- The Patriotic Roots of Valley Bronze of Oregon
- The Not-So-Lost Art of Lost Wax Casting
- Stellar Collection of Renaissance Sculpture Promised to National Gallery of Art by Robert H. Smith
The NSS: Preserving the Legacy of Sculpture
The oldest association of its kind in the United States, the National Sculpture Society continues to raise the standards for sculptors around the world.
- Revere Copper: America's Founding Foundry
- Debra Weld Brings out the Colorful Side of Copper
- The American Bronzing Company: Precious Today, Priceless Tomorrow
- Sculpture in Public: Part 2, Public Art
The Revived Art of Brass and Bronze Marine Hardware
Although originally an unsung art by early pattern makers, contemporary restorative artists continue the tradition of casting beautifully ornate hardware fittings from the copper age of sailing.
- Apprentice and Alchemist: Tanya Garvis
- Sculpting Copper: Movement through Welding
- Rediscovering the Geddy Foundry's Colonial Roots
- The NSS Presents 75th Annual Awards Exhibition
Copper Inspires Contemporary Jewelry Designers
These contemporary jewelry artists look to copper and its alloys to create wearable art pieces that are redefining the jewelry industry.
- Rochelle Toner: Exploring the Organic Form Through Printmaking
- Exploring Life Rhythms Through Sculpture
- Solving the Statue of Liberty Copper Mystery
The Lee Robertson Method of Copper Arts
Artist Lee Robertson influenced a new wave of copper artists with his innovative copper methods and inspiring views of the world.
- Still Life on Copper: The Process of Discovery
- How a Historic Cupola Became Copper Art
- The Art of Early Copper Tools
- Cast Images: American Bronze Sculpture Highlights New York Works