Direct Exchange Thermal Systems:
The Wave Of The Future
Heat pumps! While the term seems relatively new, Nicholas Carnot proposed the concept in 1824. While heat normally flows from hot to cold, Carnot reasoned that a mechanical device could be built to reverse the process and "pump" heat from a cooler region to a warmer region.
Copper Alloy Molds:
Why Didn't Someone Tell Me Sooner?
- The Metallurgy of Copper Wire
How Do They Do That? How Copper is Made
Step-by-step guide (with basic illustrations) travels from mine to mill crushing plant to mill concentrator to smelter to electrolytic refinery to rod plant or external customers. Also, oxide leaching and solvent extraction-electrowinning.
- Traditional Pyrometallurgical Treatment of Concentrate
- How Do They Do That? In Situ Mining
- Millions of Dollars Saved With Non-Traditional Shutdown Procedures
- How Do They Do That? Bringing Copper to Market
- Big Blue Goes Copper
- How Do They Do That? Wringing Sulfuric Acid out of Sulfur Dioxide Emissions